- Ebola Virus Infection is associated with a mortality rate of 10%-50%.
- One year of treatment and supportive care is necessary for a full recovery.
- Epidemic in 2014 that spread from West Africa to the United States, Guinea, Sierra Leone
- The 2014 epidemic resulted in nearly 12,000 deaths.
- How many strains of the ebola virus are there and who do they affect?
- Where did the virus originate?
- What structures are not affected by ebola virus disease.
- Is ebola treatable with antivirus medications? What are other treatment options?